View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleekaraoke View Post
I guess I don't understand why you would charge the patrons instead of the venue.......They are making money because the people want to more music and are willing to stay there and spend more money...I realize karaoke is different all over.. just trying to understand it...We do things a little bit different around here although it is a smaller venue area for us.. usually offer the venue first time deal and if they want to book again.. they know your real asking price.. but around here the venues are very generous if they make more money.. so if i charge $200 that is for the entire 4 hours of the show... but if i go into a venue that have other kj's or dj's there I generally charge the same price...as far as the cut off list.. depending on how many singers I generally allow about 20 min to 1/2 hour cut off... It's cool to hear from other kj's and how they do things.. thanks
I think Debi's charging to sing was for overtime where the bar won't pay. If you can do it without P'ing off your customers I say more power to ya. That wouldn't work to well in my neck of the woods but everywhere is different.

When I run overtime (most everynight), I try to make a point of mentioning that "the bar stops paying me at 1am but I'm gonna try and get these last songs..." etc etc, hoping someone would be inclined to tip because I'm working for free. Rarely works but hope springs eternal