View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Interesting findings...

Thanks for the MP3 file. I played it with WinAmp, through my Altec Lansing surround sound system.

Results: Neither I nor my wife can hear any quivering or any form of vibrato. We just don't hear it.

Did you listen to the exact same file you sent me? If you can hear it, maybe this is another confirmation that the amplifier makes a big difference when playing a Keyrite processed file.

I have pulled our developer off of Vogone to tweak the Keyrite +1 and -1 key change parameters. We hope to have a beta version out for testing of these changes on Friday. Everyone here will get a notice and a copy. If this makes a change, he will tweak the other 8 keys and we will release 1.400. If not, he will replace the key change algorithm, which will take longer. He thinks he can make a big change by adjusting the parameters. I HOPE he is right!!!

From your hardware post above, it appears you have a significant audio setup. Question... have you tried bypassing your Compressor/Gate module, or do you even run the Key changed audio through it? This could cause quivering, vibrato and pumping as the gate turns on/off. Let us know what you find when you bypass it.