View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:38 PM

You are correct in your observations muzicman144 however. Lets not forget that budget gear like Alto, Phonic, Behringer Nady and others have their place and purpose in todays music scene. I wish they had behringer when i was 16. I had to use old worn out guitar amps and beat to death speakers cabs, all i could afford. At least in todays economy, even those that live from payday to payday, can at least purchase a little better speakers and amps then i had to use. Lets take for instance Behringers stomp boxes. I use the Boss DD3 Digital Delay Pedal, with AC adapter this pedal was around 150.00. I tried a behringer delay pedal, and i thought the quality was real close to my Boss pedal, $29.00. Within reach of any kid nowdays, and any hard up working musician. I heard a bunch of young fella's playing up here, and they were powered by all behringer gear. Durn if i could tell the difference in quality. Their band sounded just as good as any other powered by Crown, Peavey, or QSC. Of course you git what ya pay for, i have several pieces of behringer gear in my studio, works fine, and some pieces are going on 5 years old. Do i want to use all behringer stuff? nope. But they do have a place on todays music scene. Just like the imported Fender guitars from Mexico, and the Epiphone guitars from china. I use a 16 Channel Peavey FX16 mixes for karaoke, this mixer is better then any Macki i've ever own, and the effects rival Lexicons...made in china.