View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Great feedback guys!

There are some very good ideas here. I'm glad to see you working with us on ideas.

Larry is close to finishing up the coding of the new msnd32.dll that controls Krystal. This is one of those hated "no income" upgrades that are required from time to time to keep the product wheels turning (and selling).

I'm expecting the next thing he will be on is to redo MicroCD as an Export CD command to probably add into Microeditor's File menu. It will require our Microstudio software to write to the CD. MicroCD and Microstudio both have code to control the CDR drive, and we can't afford to maintain both. It makes far more sense to make MicroCD a Microeditor optional command that exports files for Microstudio to open and burn. Also, you could burn a CD while using Microeditor, which is not possible now. This should be a "relaxation" project for Larry, as the current work has been very hectic... converting all the bus mastering DMA assembly code in Krystal's downloaded software.

The project above will also give us some time to get the .bwav spec (geezer?), and a good direction on where to go with multi-track. I will need your inputs as to what/how to tackle this. It is the last "must have" on my list from 1997. John Tatum, your concept of Ethernet linking is very intriguing. I sure we would all appreciate more details on what devices now have Ethernet ports. That's like a SCSI port, but probably better behaved! Since Ethernet is a "conflict managment" network, versus a synchronized transfer net, there may be synchronizing problems with multi-tracks over this net. What has been your experience so far and how many channels and bit rates?