View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2018, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Possibility of adding party Tyme catalog or at least the songs that you use into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
I don’t think you’d get loads of requests you didn’t have. You might get one here and there, but that would be the entire point of even having the option to begin with since you can buy Party Tyme directly through Hoster. It would show people what is available that you might not already have.

Yes I understand that, if you could just upload the songs to SongbookDB that you don’t already have that would be fine to me and I would probably use it then, it’s sorting through the karaoke.net list to route out those that you do already have.

If I upload the whole list, currently 24,662 songs almost half of which are duplicate titles in both mp4 and cd+g, whittle that figure down to say 14,000 unique titles. I would expect that I already have 75% of those matching title artist already. Now users searching for their song will see both titles in their search results and there’s a 50% chance they will select the one from karaoke.net. I dare say I could explain before hand that the ones with a PY or PH disc id are only available as a download and to select an alternate version where possible but I think it would fall on deaf ears.
I have 31,586 karaoke tracks in my own library, I have gone to great pains to edit that list down to about half that amount (15,937 tracks) by selecting Hide in songbook option, selecting (In my opinion) the best manufacturer version only to display in both my printed songbook and the SongbookDB list.
Most people I encounter have no clue about different manufacturers that’s why I choose not to display that info. If on rare occasion someone says they did not like the version I play I will offer them an alternative if I have it.

When I first used SongbookDB and listed all versions with their disc id people kept asking me what is the different ids were, they generally had no idea their self about what to choose, that is why I now only display one.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.