View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2002, 02:42 PM

I am concerned about the overall quality of the keywrite program. The process of dropping the key makes them sound draggy and also gives them a processed sound. The best way I can describe it is that it makes them sound as though they're being played through a rubberband. A phaser kind of sound.

I only ask because I have had my karaoke business for some amount of years and I have always used the pioneer V10G for all my shows and the key transposer built into them is great. If you drop a song no more that three keys, detecting that it's been dropped is almost impossible. I also have a Vocopro system with very good transposers. Out of the entire Ksuite4 that I have, it's the only thing I am somewhat disappointed with.

I do have very good ears. I don't just run karaoke...I have been a semi-professional singer for years as well. I actually have a really good sound system that I use for my karaoke shows as well. No offense to MTU but I don't want to end up going down in quality because I do try to run a real quality show.

Let me break down what my computer is and you can tell me if that's part of the problem.

2 Gig P4 Processor 512 Cache
512 Megs of DDR
40 Gig Hard Drive
64 Meg AGP Video Card
Windows XP (But I also had 98 SE when I first got Ksuite4 and it sounded the same).