Thread: Advertising
View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2003, 12:27 PM

good idea

TK:

I hosted three events so far in the past week or so to get my feet wet. They are still barely damp, but getting there

However, I have visited approximately 25-30 different KJ businesses at events around the country in 10 different states. I have always struck up a conversation with the KJ's and sometimes even called to talk to the owners who were very cooperative when they found out I wasn't in their area to compete. So far I have seen over 100 shows the majority of which would end up being my competition.

While I agree that until I have multiple shows under my belt with my own equipment everything I say is opinion. BUT.. it is rooted in way too much research. Do you know of anyother Kj who did this much research over a couple of years before getting starting up or even after?

And for the record, this wasn't my idea but one from an experienced KJ who already implements this and has had it work for him. I was hoping to get the topic going here where it belongs to try and get a little info on what works from you and others like you, the experienced KJ's.

Now to the point of this thread:

Ads could easily implemented with very little effort and no extra equipment to carry around. Creating CD+G's with the ads instead of the lyrics is an easy way and takes up the room of one CD that can hold multiple ads. One Cd per gig would be all that was needed to add that extra touch that differentiates you from the competition. Show off the specials of the night, introduce the bartender or even remind everyone to tip the wait staff. This could easily be expanded to include the beer reps or other outside companies for a little extra money.

Sorry for the length!