Thread: Text Won't Play
View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT
Attrike,
If you are getting worse copies than the original when you copy the disc in the Plextor drive, then this is due to the media that you are burning to. What brand of Media are you burning to? Are your discs that you are copying, originals or copies?

If you copy discs that have already been copied, it will take longer than if it is the actual original disc.

You can check the Speed that you burner is set to by doing the following.

1) Open Microstudio.
2) Left click the Drives Menu (top of the screen beside Help)
3) Left click Speed Selection
4) Make sure that Auto is checked for both the Reading and Writing speed.
5) Click Ok.

Now try to burn a disc again and it should then be faster at copying a disc.

As to your Problem with the Graphics in Playback, what type of Video card do you have in your computer? Have you run all of the Windows updates? If not then you will need to do this.

You can run the Windows Update, by connecting to the Internet, Left click your Start Menu, Left click Windows Update.

When the Page comes up, Left click Scan for Updates. Then select all of the updates and allow them to install. You may have to do this multiple times to get all of the updates for your system.

Once you have done this let me know it has been fixed.
I am burning to the recommended MTU Silver CDR disks that I purchased directly from MTU along with my Plextor drive and Microstudio 2.517. I am copying from both originals and copies which doesn't seem to matter when I try to use the play feature. It only matters on the read times. On some of the copied disk I try to copy, the read speed will slow way down on the last couple of tracks; sometimes it will stop entirely forcing me to go from a disk duplicate operation to writing individual tracks and aborting the ones that won't copy. Write speed is high at all times.
I am using the auto read and write speeds, although I tried slowing down the read speed, but copies would still hang up.
My video card is a 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9700 TX and I have all the Windows updates. The play function just won't work with originals or copies taken from either the CD+G directly or from the hard drive. Any other ideas you might have are appreciated.