View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
Quote:
I think sometimes, and I have seen it happen, a KJ forgets he/she is providing entertainment, and is paid by the establishment to do so. Your job is to provide the outlet entertainment, not to police what the customers drink or eat, or to (sic) punish the customer if he or she fails to meet a certain criteria. They all should be treated the same by the KJ. As an entertainer, my only wish is to fill the house and provide the best entertainment I can and hope the majority likes it well enough to return. The Club/establishment should provide food and beverages, hopefully at a price that will entice all to partake of the same, plus, do their best to provide an atmosphere that will produce the best results.

I have never had it happen, but if an owner/manager has a problem with a non-drinker, etc. and wanted to make a point, i would simply hand them a mic and let them make the announcement. That is not in my job description. I will make any other announcement i'm asked to do. It has worked for me for thirty years or so and i have never played a club/establishment that has not asked me to return time and time again. Knock on wood!!!!
Just an opinion, Muzicman
I hear what you're saying, i've been with this establishment for almost 3 years now, and i never really paid to much attention about their business accept what i was hired to do, but there are times that when you see tables full with people with nothing on the table except your books, and the buying people has nowhere to sit..then in my opinion i'd rather lose the non buying customer, than the buying one's, what do you think is better a pack non buying cust. or 30 buying customers?..if the bar is not gonna make money, in the long run you'll end end losing your gig caused they can't pay you or take a cut in pay..just an opinion