View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry A. Leslie View Post
I have CD and DVD players that recognize and play most types of files, but if I record a KMA. file what will it play on? Only Hoster?
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
I don't think you understand. In the Write Disc screen, you can add any supported file to the list to write - kma, mp3+g, zip, wma+g, bin, cdg (old MTU format=bin), mp3, wma, wav - and then select whether you will write a CDG or CDDA format disc.

For CDG, all the karaoke format files with lyrics are preserved and the audio written as a standard audio track, with the lyrics properly interleaved as the CDG format requires, and the audio (mp3, wma, wav) files without lyrics are filled in with blank lyrics to conform to CDG format.

For CDDA, all the karaoke format files with lyrics have the lyrics stripped and only the audio is written, along with the audio-only files and there is no lryics as the CDDA format requires.

Either way, you will end up with standard CD quality audio tracks that will play in anything that plays a CD. Thus, KMA files are converted back to standard stereo 44.1KHz audio streams... + the lyrics. They are NO LONGER KMA format files. The ZIP, MP3+G and WMA+G files are also converted to standard audio track data.