View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2005, 02:13 PM

Brands

Thanks for the heads up on All star disks haven't bought any of those yet I had a bad experience with the Ultimate Karaoke brand disks from Walmart thought they might be the same deal. I also like the Zoom brand I have a Eagles disk that is great. I sure am not willing to pay $400.00 for the Sound Choice Eagles Disk. Doesn't matter how good the quality is. I also think it is all what you are used to I have a Doors Disk that is made by Standing Ovation really great songs but really hard to sing from because they don't give you any ques as to when to sing like Chartbuster, Sound Choice, Karaoke Bay etc do.If you don't really know the song you will find yourself getting off. I had to practice for hours til I memorized the breaks and beggining points.
My criterion for what makes a good disk is fairly simple. It has to have a clear recording at a good volume level, It has to be easy to sing from good synch and definately cues for when the breaks are and when to start singing again.
My biggest headache other than singer rotation is that not all disks are recorded at the same level and I have to adjust the volume of the music to not either drown out the singer or singer drowning out the music. The brands I mentioned I liked in this post and my last post in this thread all are recorded with good sound quality and level and are fairly easy to sing from.

Last edited by Karaoke John; July 21st, 2005 at 02:16 PM. Reason: adding a phrase