View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:42 PM

"As i stated, i went back to my last update. Things are back to normal now."

Dale, i do not upgrade my hardware or firmware using microsoft...and i would not suggest anyone else do it either. And yes, i keep current on all windows and hardware updates. As i stated above i went back to my previous version. My Microstudio is now working better then those who have choosen to upgrade.

I believe both bendrew, and sam have valid points. bendrew, "junk" ...ummmm...might be just a tad bit harsh? But i do see some of your concerns as real. Dale, i never said that you didn't think i or others didn't have a legitimate problem. Please, with all due respect, please go back and reread what i posted.

Yes i and i am sure others know the hard work, long hours, time sacrifice and dedication our wonderful teams of beta testers put into the products we have come to depend on for our shows, and in alot of cases, our income. So dale, please don't assume you are the only one who needs these products to work correctly. We are all in the same boat, i just don't want to see it become a sinking ship.

Sam, anytime an "upgrade" has problems, it's more then an annoyance. It's a problem, no matter how minor it is.

Dale, you are speaking of yet another quick fix upgrade for hoster? i bet bendrew is setting there wondering what trade off we are going to have to endure now. I have been asked through the years when i was going to switch over to "Computer Karaoke. I waited, waited, waited, untill i knew mtu had all the bugs worked out of hoster. They, according to their website assured us they had. So, i finally took the plunge, invested big bucks in a laptop, 4 external drives, audio interface, s-video converters..the list goes on and on. Just to get garbled title and credit screens, and repeated "Quick Fix" upgrades. Now i have hoster running rather smoothly, just to find yet another upgrade. I know... i know... we don't have to upgrade. But, if it's free, and is an assured "fixed" and better operating version, who wouldn't? This is bendrews dilemma, and frankly i see his point.

Microstudio is a work tool for me, not a player, or just a way to backup my disc. So it must work correctly. This version does not. That is the long and short of it. So i went back to my pervious version, and i am happy with it. I have stayed with mtu for going on 10 years now, and i hope to be around another 10. However, perception is 90%. I recently visited a private karaoke forum, who did reviews of karaoke software and products. I contributed my experience with this upgrade of Microstudio, and sadly..had to give it a failing grade, and poor review. I will wait for at least two or three upgrades, before i try anotrher upgrade...but..i will try again.
I have faith in mtu, and in their products. I thank them for creating the best software in the business.
Respectfully George

The term upgrade refers to the replacement of a product with a newer version of that same product. It is most often used in computing and consumer electronics, generally meaning a replacement of hardware, software or firmware with a newer or better version, in order to bring the system up to date or to improve its characteristics.

Risks
Although upgrades are for the purpose of improving a product, there are risks involved—including the possibility that the upgrade will worsen the product. When software is upgraded, there is a chance that the new version (or patch) will contain a bug, causing the program to malfunction in some way or not function at all. For example, in October 2005, a glitch in a software upgrade caused trading on the Tokyo Stock Exchange to be shut down for most of the day. Upgrades can also worsen a product subjectively. A user may prefer an older version even if a newer version is perfectly functioning.