View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
George, I never once said that the problem doesn't exist. I have seen your screen captures and yes you have a problem.
I have asked the other Beta Testers to attempt this and see if any of them have run into this problem. We'll see what they have and work from there to come up with something concrete for MTU to look at.
Bendrew obviously doesn't think the Beta Testers do anything. What you all don't see is the weeks and months that this small group of 15 - 20 people put in as we test and accept or reject what MTU puts forth after they have spent numerous manhours writing and testing themselves.
With the many hundreds of different computers, 2 operating systems, countless other programs people install and use, and all the security and other updates Microsoft is constantly releasing, there is no way for anyone to be able to say 100% sure that a program is going to work 100% on any computer in use by the users.
We do the best we can and for no pay. We are just users like you and we do it because we love the products and have been asked by MTU to help them out. We use our own equipment and all run shows of various types So we won't to see the best product go out because we depend on it to.
I promise you there has to be a solution. We just have to keep digging.

George, You said you keep up with the updates. Have you done any of the Hardware Updates through Microsoft? We have found that those updates are usually the incorrect driver or firmware?
You said "When it comes to the old SAV series, i have clear title and credit pages, and for some, lyrics that are nor garbled." Meaning you have some that are now garbled? I would suggest you Remove 4.006, clean outt the Microsoft Folder in Program Files and the Microstudio folder in the C:\MTU folder. Then re-install and check the box at the bottom of the Personal Information page (of the installation) to clear the registry entries. This should clear any thing left behind by 4.20. Billyo this would help if you are also still seeing some of the garbled lyrics.

Dale, we know that you guys ( Beta Testers ) are working real hard solving and helping us with our program problems and we commend you for that, since i removed 4.20 and re-installed 4.06 those garbled problems are gone, my only question is why would those disc work with 4.06 and wont work with 4.20, i havent installed nor did any changes on my pc, have all the updates ( custom ) and i dont do microsoft hardware/firmware updates...but anyway thanks for your non stop help..