View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Information screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybrubeck View Post
Hi Guys.

I have searched for the following queries in the manual but not found them so I wonder if I can seek advice from the good people in KHPro land?

I am trying to make my first karaoke duet track, I know about adding the "&" to connect singers 1 & 2, I know how to assign a colour to singer 1 and a different colour to singer 2 and yet a third colour for both singers.

What I am not sure of how to do is set up the very first page of instructions to let the singers know who is what colour, something like this:
Raoul

Christine.

Both
I want the above to be the first thing the singers see.
I'll start by saying I have only produced 1 duet myself so am not the best person to answer this but can make a suggestion.
I don't think there is a specific function in KHpro to make a page at the start as you describe, the only way I can see is as Ken suggested, include a line or two in the Title screen.
As a suggestion (I have not tried this myself) Type the info in on the lyrics page, then when placing the lyrics flash past this bit quickly while the intro is playing and before the singing starts.
Incidentally, it's Normal to just put Male Or Female or Singer 1 And Singer 2
unless you just want it for you and your partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybrubeck View Post

I would also like to have at the top of each screen the name of the singer of the words on that screen, that word will not change colour, so for example in the below text the word Raoul (in Blue Bold) at the beginning of the text would signify who is to sing the text on that page, that name would not change colour.

Raoul.

No more talk of darkness

Hopefully you can understand what I am trying to say???

Eddie.
Again type these extra words on the lyrics page, you would have to work out where each new page would start and add that name at the start of each page position, when placing the lyric perhaps using an Underscore "_" so that you pass it quicker when highlighting the first word for that singer.

I personally think this would make a lot of unnecessary work, if you know the your colour at the start that should be adequate. (unless they are colour blind or viewing on black & white monitor)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.