View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Re: Hoster 5.04 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne White View Post
Well anyway, once again, I deleted all the songs from the re-built database & pasted the old database records in. It appears that there were no actual data format changes. I have my old records back & Hoster seems to work fine.
Wayne, what program did you use to "delete all the songs" from the Songs.mdb?

Hoster 5.03/5.04 have major changes to the Songs database. If you restored your old data somehow into the Songs.mdb file, I have no idea what will happen. You are bypassing our "safe" means to upgrade and you will lose your "customized" fields again in the future, or Hoster may randomly crash.

You should REMOVE Hoster 5.04 and re-install 5.02 that doesn't have the new changes made by 5.03 and 5.04.

As Dale pointed out, the beta testers (and MTU on 4 computers) tested this again, and again, and again with no change to the BookIDs. We have no idea why your BookID's got renumbered.

Please, read the manual about the Tools menu Edit Songs command and use it to modify your individual KMA/KMH files, or change multiple files at the same time using the "Select Multiple" tab. Otherwise, you are on you own outside of the recommendations of MTU.