View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I did some rethinking and I don't believe adding another Tools command will confuse users. It is the FOLDER flexibility that was confusing users. I don't think the file naming order will cause confusion. Look at the attached image I'm proposing for V3.004.
Well, it didn't work out. As we started work on this, My Songs List building, renaming, deleting, importing, saving and alphabetizing the list, and somehow identifying the 8 new file naming types... all became a nightmare, so this is CANCELLED.

We are adding the filename as is into Hoster as a preset radio button.

The My Songs List that is built when you open a Folder will now be saved in that Folder and automatically opened if present. Whenever the list changes FROM WITHIN MICROSTUDIO (rename, delete, import), the list is updated and resaved to the Folder on the HDD. Opening Microstudio will now take seconds, even if there are 20,000 files in the folder... if the list exists.

If the list is not found in a Folder, it is built from all the supported songs in that Folder and saved in that Folder.

A new Rebuild My Songs button in the main screen allows forcing the list to rebuild when you want to. That way, if you import KMA files with Hoster into a Folder, or add MP3G or ZIP files from some other program, you can rebuild to see them in the My Songs window.

Microstudio 3.004 Beta 1 will go out today for testing with this new feature.

We also are adding a progress dialog that appears while building the My Songs list, showing how many files are in the Folder and which file is currently being processed. Thus, instead of just seeing the hourglass for sometimes tens of minutes, you will see the actual progress, including the filename currently being processed. And to answer your question, yes the filenames will come and go so fast you won't see them, but we felt it best to show them in case one gets hung up for some reason.