View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
1. Admin-so what you are saying is sound quality wise, we should only be converting our CDG's to bin files not to zip files.

2. Are KMA files from the CDG (192 kbs) smaller or larger that BIN files?

3. Sound quality is very important to me and I only want to convert my CDG's to BIN or ZIP's just in case I ever need to re-install them and yes I do have a backup of all my KMA files but you never know......
1. BIN files are identical quality and file size to the original CDG disc - no difference.

2. KMA files are significantly smaller than BIN files. At 128Kb, users with 2000 watt systems report they don't hear any quality difference from the CDG disc, so I would recommend you use this ratio selection. At 96Kb, the size is about 1/10th that of the same BIN file, but you can hear some "compression hiss" at 96Kb with 2000 watt systems.

3. BIN is equal to the master disc, while 128Kb KMA is "technically" less quality (not audible to the human ear), while MP3 at 128Kb will have audible hiss (as reported to us, not that my 58yo ears can hear it) and will be inferior to the same KMA file compressed directly from a BIN file or imported direct from the CDG disc.