View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkirkpat View Post
I'll try copying the song database to the local drive but if the external usb drive wasn't a problem with 4.05 why is it all of a sudden a problem in 4.06.
It isn't a problem. The reason Dale was asking was a Windows issue when you don't leave enough space for Windows swap file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkirkpat View Post
So the symptom is 4.06...not the drive or PC (once again...using the original laptop w/original hardware as the consistent piece between versions). Thanks for the replies!
It is just a matter of more code to run. As the load gets heavier, the older hardware has a hard time keeping up. Also, the code is still pretty new. There will be changes that should make a difference in the way things run as all the bugs are ironed out.

I would tell you to make some changes to lighten the load on your system, but I think at this point I would wait until the newest version comes out in a couple of weeks or so. If the problem still persists, please post back here and we will see what can be done to reclaim some memory and CPU cycles.