View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2008, 04:22 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i have one that used to come to my show and i was not aware that he was partially deaf !!!! yes deaf !!! i kinda noticed it when every song that has a word that starts /end with s on it it comes out diff. and he was so out of timed,and i could see that he was kinda counting the beat by tapping his feet on the ground,( like a bass drum) and he keeps telling me that there was something wrong with the music..i just dont have the heart to tell him that it wasnt the music..
I used to have an older gentleman who had been steadily losing his hearing since the Korean war ("too much bang bang"). He's now at the point where his hearing aids don't help much and is slurring his words a bit and very monotone (and crotchety to boot). For him I have to turn up the music and his vocals. It can be a long 4 minutes. Most of the regulars know the deal, for other people I will usually discreetly explain the situation to them and their cool about it.
How do you tell a guy "thankyou for your service to our country, but because of that service we don't want you to sing".

Sam