View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:58 AM

How Much Faith Do You Have In Your System

I've been gone a while and when I got back I reread a thread on external drives and I started thinking about how much faith we have that everything in our various systems is gonna operate correctly the next time we power up for a show. I was wondering what others do to prevent failures as well as backup plans in the event that a failure should happen.

With the economy and this business being what it is, there are some of us that can't afford a failure of any type or it could mean the end of our careers in this business. To quote Don Henley, "The Wolf Is Always At The Door". Meaning if we can't perform and there is a lowballer in the area we could easily lose business in a single night from one failure. And I think the old adage, "Do Something Good And No One Is Watching, But Make A Mistake......"you get the idea. Bad news travels fast.

This is mostly directed at those of us that are primarily mobile and have to tear down and set up for nearly every show. But who knows this is an open forum, maybe some of the house guys can drop a few that even we don't think of.

Please understand I am not trying to say anything bad about anyone or how they run their own business. Just trying to help us all.

Monolith Entertainment