View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i'm trying to figure out how this works, i have the latest Blackberry 8900 from T-mobile and i have it sync with my pc/laptops at home i could get my email ,text msg.im etc. thru my phone from what i was told by t-mobile tech.you can only use 10mb ,max. out of the memory and your phone will start slowing down receiving msg.( any smart phone starting july you'll need to get the GMS option) but anyway wont that kinda screw up the singers screen if it start showing up on the screen itself, i have my phone hook-up to my pc and i could download a limited amount of tunes..
During a karaoke show you would have to use another laptop/computer hooked to another large screen, or perhaps even show the SMS text screen when hoster is in between songs. A little tricky though. The systens SMS are originally designed for trade shows where customers text in, meet each other, etc. and the SMS'er gets to collect all the numbers for his advertising purpose. Also included are polls, trivia, number drawings, raffles, etc. Some big night clubs with many screens and a full pledged video DJ probably gets involved in this. My prob is I don't have a T-mobile or ATandT phone with a GMS carrier. Some programs only take certain motorola compatible phones too.