View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2018, 07:22 PM

Re: Possibility of adding party Tyme catalog or at least the songs that you use into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
First off, although I posted a workaround to this it’s not something I myself would use. Mainly because I would get loads of requests for songs I have not got, I’d prefer they picked the songs I already have.

The book id recognition works with the karaoke-net purchase a song list but if you wanted to use the PartyTyme streaming service list I don’t believe they incorporate a song id in that list although I believe they are the same songs but only in mp4 format.

So if it was applied to that list you could only search by using Title and Artist fields.

The other thing I have been experimenting with is importing only Titles - Artist that I don’t already have, that means searching out all the matching titles that I already have so that You only upload the ones to SongbookDB that are unique.

That’s not entirely easy as spelling or punctuation may be different making them look like unique songs.

The point about playing a venue without internet. You could always create two different Rigs in SongbookDB one including the extra songs and one without.
If I don\'t have internet service then if I still want to use remote requests, then I have to use one of my backup players which doesn\'t require internet but I don\'t make that available to the public except for a second laptop in kiosk mode. Otherwise I go back to traditional books and slips. I don\'t mind having to search via artist or title. I only use id\'s for knowing what brand it is on my computer\'s hard drive only.
4 GB RAM
60 GB internal program SSD drive
1 TB second internal music Hard Drive