View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:24 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
That all depends on the type of bar I suppose. We get kids trying to get away with cussing over the mic, we give them a warning & they are fine, if they do it again, they are cut off from singing & most likely the bar as well as they are typically too drunk to stop on their own and sometimes even asked to leave. Our bar owner does not like cussing in the bar & WILL tell people to knock it off. I t hasn't hurt the reputation of the bar at all & still have great crowds. She is also the one in the same who asked for all profanity music removed out of the book. It's not been a problem since 95 & we'll tell people other places they can go if they want to cuss over the mics - usually they don't leave & accept & respect the rules.
But as far as them WANTING to come in & do what they like, that's not true, they come in to have a couple drinks, maybe have some dinner, sing a few songs with friends & have a good time. We rarely have any problems anymore since we got rid of the songs people want to scream the fbombs words in.
Ya, I DO agree with you there, Lonnie. What I really meant was people will come in and sing what they want from the book. I also, as most bar owners do, consider direct swearing into the mic to be really tasteless. Most bars in Maine have a sign posted behind the bar, too.
But, I guess there are a lot of songs that have f___ in the words, showing the dashes after the F too. And when they sing it in full, some bars seem to mind, and some don't.