Thread: Tips !
View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:42 PM

I agree with and do the exact same thing as mindonstrike does. I run a fast, fair, friendly show. I built my reputation as such, and bribes won't ruin my rep. I have had all sorts of types of bribes. Money, drinks, ....favors! I politely refuse them. I explain my policy (which is also in the front of my books). If they want to tip me for doing a good job...fine. But, sorry, no bribes. The bartender at the main place I run a show told me once to announce over the mic that "Joe" wants to offer $100.00 if he can go next. Does two things ..shuts the guy up, or gets me the $100.00. I told the bartender it wasn't worth my credibility. I explain that I run a fast show, so hopefully, the wait won't be long. And....I then remind him/her to turn a song in....others are turning them in while you are trying to bribe me. I also do not touch the money until the customer walks away, and even then, I set it aside until the end of the night. ps, I really get annoyed by the people who have the gall to say..."Hey, me and my friends are leaving, can you move us up next so we can go"?......I don't think so.