View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM
VIP

Re: Comments on computer choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
Lonman, I would like to know if you import a lot of Singers' disks and run BA at the same time, since you say you didn't have any problems. I have a HP AMD with 32bit Vista & same NVidea card. However, I noticed that your speed is 2.8Ghz and mine is only 1.89Ghz. I wonder if that's what makes the difference. Saturday night the first 8 singers all had their own disks with Versions that I didn't have. I didn't have BA on until later in the evening. After that is when Hoster crashed again after importing from another disk.
No I don't run BA from Hoster - I do use a separate program that I paid alot for a few years back and I just let it run continuously in the background on a second audio card (the built in headphone jack) and manually mix it. Also have a separate player for customer dsics. I get so many customer discs throughout the week, i'd rather not use my computers drive.
I also have Windows Media Player playing behind Hoster with a slideshow of singers and fun times throughout the years.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB