View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:58 AM
VIP

Re: Comments on computer choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
Most computer/laptops today off the shelf work well with Hoster. I have an older (07) HP Pavillion laptop with 64 bit Vista that works flawlessly. Just ran an 8 hour show non-stop, outside in 90+ degree weather not too long ago without as much as a hiccup in audio or graphics & it's just a basic Intel N-Vidia based card built in. I do use an external sound card for better audio than the headphone jacks of the build in audio cards tend to provide. As long as the specs of the computer match or better Hosters minimum specs, you should be good on most any choice - just check the user reviews on anything you look at.
Lonman, I would like to know if you import a lot of Singers' disks and run BA at the same time, since you say you didn't have any problems. I have a HP AMD with 32bit Vista & same NVidea card. However, I noticed that your speed is 2.8Ghz and mine is only 1.89Ghz. I wonder if that's what makes the difference. Saturday night the first 8 singers all had their own disks with Versions that I didn't have. I didn't have BA on until later in the evening. After that is when Hoster crashed again after importing from another disk.