View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Honor Roll

I went back and read the thread. You never mentioned which sound card you have, I do remember a discussion about different sound cards, but I don't remember specifically what cards we were talking about. I remember it had something to do with hardware vs software acceleration. When I did the research then, it was a problem reported in other program forums too. Again, this is only from my very shaky memory. It had something to do with the driver software being non-standard. Post your specific card and see if we can offer some help.

As far as changing sound cards, I have one that is USB, requires no drivers, and is the size of a thumb drive. It only cost $10 and does the trick. The only reason I got it was to avoid using the headphone out on my laptop. I was getting noise, and I don't like sending a powered out to my mixer, and that was the easiest/cheapest way to go. It doesn't even have a brand name on it. I got it off Ebay.