View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
It should have created C:\MTU\Microstudio\Recorded Songs and C:\MTU\Songs (and all the folders included in the path.) These are default paths until you change them.
Well, it put the 'songs' folders in my docs and settings path, so I moved it to c: like you suggested. The MTU/Microstudio folder was in my local settings directory, so I moved it to c: like you suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Did you restart your computer after installing the WavePad?
Another thing you may need to do is turn off the UAC (User Access Control). If you need instructions how let me know.
Yes, the computer was restarted after every event. UAC is off.

After moving all the folders out of the docs and settings directory it still has the same problem, even after rebooting.

BTW, every time I hit record MTU creates the Recorded Songs folder in docs and settings even though I changed the folder to c:\mtu. The recording is saved in c:\mtu, so the docs and settings path is hard-wired into Microstudio, contrary to what it's authors say.

It's also recreating the MTU/Microstudio folder in docs and settings every time, despite the fact that I moved that too.

Also, when saving writing lists, it always defaults to the mtu/microstuio folder it creates in the docs and settings directory...I saved one in c:\mtu directory and it still went back to the docs and settings directory after that.

MTU claims they put stuff in the Program Data folder to avoid this problem, but yet they actually kept it all in the docs and settings folders, which is a direct contradiction to their 'solution' to this known problem.

Any other suggestions? MTU still hasn't replied to my ticket :(

Last edited by jackbsok; April 1st, 2009 at 12:47 PM.