View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbsok View Post
I will check this...I know MTU didn't create a c:\mtu folder (like the staff claims).
It should have created C:\MTU\Microstudio\Recorded Songs and C:\MTU\Songs (and all the folders included in the path.) These are default paths until you change them.

Quote:
Several users do/did have the same exact issue or this wouldn't be the fourth thread about it. I never claimed it didn't work for others, just that it didn't work for me. If MTU depends upon other programs 'fixing' registry issues in Vista, but won't work with Vista as Vista is shipped and fixed by Microsoft, then this definitely is MTU's mistake for not providing a fix to users like me.
You are referring to 3 other threads with varying dates back to 2007 which would incompass at least a couple versions and compared to the number of users of Microstudio I would say that is only a drop in the bucket.

Quote:
I did not upgrade Microstudio. I bought 4.006a last week and installed it and got this problem.
Then you may not have a file location problem, because you shouldn't have any files left over in those locations.

Quote:
BTW, thanks for your help...just noticed you're a mod, but not an MTU guy, so I appreciate you taking the time to help. If MTU wasn't so gung ho about refusing to help customers my attitude would've been a little nicer, but as it is they're still refusing to help and letting you do it instead...what a great company :(
I and a lot of other users in these forums try to help get peoples problems solved first. Believe me there is a lot of program and computer experienced people in here helping. If it comes down to a problem that we can't solve or known fixes don't help, then MTU Support steps in an tries. This takes a big load and a lot of wasted time off of him if we can solve it without his having to get involved. MTU is not a big company like Microsoft.

Did you restart your computer after installing the WavePad?
Another thing you may need to do is turn off the UAC (User Access Control). If you need instructions how let me know.