View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:15 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Do a Google search for Wave Editors and find one that is free. They all set the right registry keys. Install it and this will hopefully fix the problem. That is the solution that has worked for most. The reason for the error is Vista and Xp do not have the correct settings for WAV files. Medai Player should have taken care of this but for some reason doesn't.
Already installed WavePad (I think that was the name) and it didn't fix this problem. Also, I've had Audacity installed for quite a while which theoretically should have fixed this too.

Quote:
If you have any Microstudio folders in the C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio or C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio\Manual then they need to be moved to C:\MTU\Microstudio.
Also if you have any Microstudio files/folders in C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\MTU\Microstudio they need to be moved to C:\MTU\Microstudio as well.
I will check this...I know MTU didn't create a c:\mtu folder (like the staff claims).

Quote:
Microstudio does work for the majority of the users both on Vista and XP otherwise MTU would have pulled it back and tried to fix it. Version 4.006 has been out for quite a while now. Just because you have a problem does not mean the version is not working for others. I understand your frustration but it doesn't help to get the problem solved.
Several users do/did have the same exact issue or this wouldn't be the fourth thread about it. I never claimed it didn't work for others, just that it didn't work for me. If MTU depends upon other programs 'fixing' registry issues in Vista, but won't work with Vista as Vista is shipped and fixed by Microsoft, then this definitely is MTU's mistake for not providing a fix to users like me.

Quote:
When you say your Vista is "fully up to date does this mean you have been to Microsoft's Update web page and installed all the "Custom" updates or that you have the Auto update turned on and updating your computer? If it is the latter then that does not get all the updates necessary.
All required and custom updates from Microsoft and hardware vendors have been applied.

Quote:
What version of Microstudio did you upgrade from?
I did not upgrade Microstudio. I bought 4.006a last week and installed it and got this problem.

So, to sum up, I'll look into the folder thing you mentioned (thanks by the way). I've tried all the other 'solutions' and none worked for me. I'll report back tomorrow with my results.

BTW, thanks for your help...just noticed you're a mod, but not an MTU guy, so I appreciate you taking the time to help. If MTU wasn't so gung ho about refusing to help customers my attitude would've been a little nicer, but as it is they're still refusing to help and letting you do it instead...what a great company :(