View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2010, 03:49 PM

Re: The Lawsuits Have Started In Virgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
What you are saying is the first way to lose our given rights. I have the right to refuse to let anyone search, inspect my property without assuming guilt or "looking guilty". If they choose to file a lawsuit. do so, it is their right.
The law affords you the right to refuse to show your originals, and the law affords them the right to sue just to be able to look at your collection. They won't issue a search warrant to SC up front since this is a civil enforcement of civil copyright holdings, so SC has no other option but to sue if you decide you have something to hide and refuse to show them your originals.

If someone truely had nothing to hide and were operating legally, then why anyone be scared to show them their originals? Refusing to show originals makes everyone think there's some illegal music in there somewhere

If it were me, I'd show them my originals and save myself the major hassle of being sued. Since I would be operating legally and I wouldn't be trying to hide anything, then I'd be good to go.

Since they have a right to verify you aren't engaging in piracy, they will sue you I guess. Hope you are operating legally, if not you'll get wacked in court.

Quote:
My feetling is the ill will i would create on my small scale is just not worth it.
I'm betting if your latest CD took off on the charts and your music became worth millions...you'd be doing what SC is doing because you'd want to get your fair share of money your music is earning, right?

Quote:
Your stand is exactly the SC stand
Actually, it's the copyright laws themselves that are to blame
because SC has the right under law to enforce their copyright.

Last edited by Rockrz; April 18th, 2010 at 03:59 PM.