View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2003, 03:54 PM

What is Microstudio

Microstudio allows people (with the correct cd burners) to copy CDG (Karaoke graphics) discs, and extract cdg files. It also allows you to take a combination of these files and create a Karaoke disc with your choice of songs on it. What's more, and this is the really special part, Microstudio will actually play cdg discs (with the correct cd-r drives) and cdg files on your computer (including the words on your monitor!)

If you ask "What is Microstudio?" then probably you are not creating with cdg format. I'm going to assume that you are working with wave files.

Keyrite will change the key of wave files. The playback preview has always been imperfect for me (probably due to slower equipment) but I can still go ahead and create the file even though the preview may be spurratic.(sp?) Make sure you TURN OFF THE PLAYBACK PREVIEW before you create a key-changed file.

Assuming that you are working with wave files only, you need a wave file player like Windows Media Player to see how it came out. Unless I am mistaken, Microstudio will play cdg files but not wave files. You would need to burn the wave files to a disc. Microstudio plays both normal audio and cdg audio discs.

Hope this gives you something to work with. Good luck with your contest.

I have seen the program Goldwave mentioned in this forum. I don't see it as a direct competitor to MTU's array of products-mentioning such a thing is frowned upon. That might fill in some of your blanks.

Getting Microstudio (making sure to have an appropriate burner) would rock your world!!