View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:55 AM
VIP

Alan, first of all, I was delighted by your analysis, regardless of length, and your explanations of what you do different that seems to make your shows different.

I have been doing many of those very things you suggest, which does amount to more than just "John, good job, Jane, you're up next." In fact I got a chance to visit another show last month, and I could've sworn the host must have said that, and only that, about 45 times.

I tend to use that short time between singers to interact with the crowd, either by praise (but not the same ole "good job, Pete"), or something special about how that person did something, or anything else that is complimentary, or sometimes joke with the crowd in general. When not adding in too much, I play background fanfare for the next singer as well. I always mention other shows in town, and encourage ppl to visit them and to let me know if there is something that I can do to improve mine. That gives them some form of ownership, they can associate with, and they usually end up saying '"Nothing you can do, you are the best".

Many usually leave and say, "Wow, this is not the typical karaoke show we usually get around here, and I've been to all of them."

Alan, again, thank you for your advice on professionalism, it was read twice, if not three times.