View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:22 AM
VIP

horseshoe,
I agree with you. Most of the people who claim to be in a band are not nearly as good as the people who come out regularly to sing. I've only seen three people over the years that were truly "professional" vocalists and they were wonderful. No attitude, happy to be able to sing, were adept and professional enough to sing with unfamiliar arrangements. They were great and two of them come back at least once or twice a year to look us up.

The conversation about "professionals" in this context is more about the show hosts and their ability to put on a professional looking show, rather than their ability to sing. I apologize if I led the conversation away from that. The ascertion is that even in a depressed economic area, hosts have the potential to make better money if their shows are produced in a more professional manner.

Whether we need a new thread to discuss the manner in which we increase our rate of pay, I will leave to better brains than mine. I thought it was relevant, but perhaps a new thread would be more appropriate.

Alan Ross

PRIMARY TEST MACHINE:
HP Compaq DC5100SFF
Windows XP Home SP3
Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
2GB Ram
250G Hard Drive
Sound Device: SoundMax digital Audio