View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWalker View Post
I think the top DJ's and top KJ's can provide the same quality of entertainment but they are at the top of the pyrimid. In general the public expects DJ's to entertain at a much higher level and quality compared to KJ's. A professional DJ makes much more money and would not switch over to be a full time KJ. This is just my unbiased opinion as I'm am not a DJ. I am musician and professional singer.
Boy do we all get weary of hearing, "I'm a professional singer". If one in five 'professional singers' can sing the karaoke version, I'm surprised. Almost every night I have at least one 'professional singer' who also is 'in a band', so they are so snobbish they don't like any version of a song. Invariably, they will say, "it's too fast', or "too slow". "That's not the way my band plays it, so it must be wrong".

The people come to my shows to sing, not listen to records. They can do that at home. Most of them don't even like live bands, since they can't participate.

Lord save me from the so-called "professional singers and musicians" of the world.