View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM

I also run my shows like Alan does. Only difference I have is if a new singer comes up I just add them right into the end of the current rotation. It works pretty well and some singers are exceited to get up right away.

I am from Minnesota orginally. Now live in Iowa. One of my best bookings is in Wisconsin where I make from $300-$600 depending on if it is a holiday or not. Yes they have local KJ's... but I have seen their shows and there is much to be desired from them to be nice. Not to mention but there seem to be a ton of fights that go on when the local KJ's play. So I get asked to drive 241 miles one way just to do a show in a VERY small town of only 200 or so and make $300+. The best night in Wisconsin is New Years Eve... The bars do not close!! So that means I can make up to $600 in one night. (stupid Packers played this last NYE and I had to start 2 hours late kind of sucked lol) but still made $500 on the night so not a total loss.

Weddings are becoming very big in karaoke now days... Already been booked for 4 or 5 weddings for this year already. (this is with DJ services as well) It is very nice as of being a KJ before I added on DJ so I can blow any regular DJ out of the water in song selection. Wold you believe that on top of most DJ who charge from 700-800 for 4 hours they have karaoke add on for $375 on top of their $700-800!!! That is very insane and this is after looking at the DJ's 500-1000 song selection book. Pretty sad how much they rip off the public lol. I am sorry I have been DJing for about 5 or 6 years now and been a KJ for around 10... DJing is 100 times easier then being a KJ... DJ there is very little to do but keep the crowd in it where KJ... you gotta GET the crowd into it in the first place set up more equipment (cause I do use full lighting in my karaoke shows just like I do for DJ or DJ/KJ shows gives a more spiced up mood) but incluse the TV and cables mics other tvs in the bars and then slips, books, rotations, fairness to every singer.... I am sorry but a KJ's job is 10 times harder and a DJ does not get crowd interaction as much as karaoke does... karaoke means the crowd is the show. However it is the people going out and buying CAVS and illegal hard drives off ebay and craig's list that can charge $100 a night and make it off it because they didnt spend anything in the first place to start like all us OLD CDG people.

Lol anyways that was long winded
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
AMD Athalon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3ghz
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
2 - 1GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair RAM
1 - 500 GB SATA Western Digital HD
1 - 160 GB external HD
ATI Radeon Sapphire X1650 Pro Video Card 512MB
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz