View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:07 PM

Rate of Pay

To answer the question of the difference in a Alan Ross show and others is not simple. I mainly mentioned his show, and i have seen karaoke shows up and down the east coast for years, because of the very things he just mentioned. He takes care of the little details that semi and non professionals ignore. Neat stage, stage presence, quality sound and the knowledge to adapt that sound to make the less talented singer sound better, and the good singer sound even better. So many times i have seen the kj set his sound and never change it except for the volumne knob. Lastly, there is very little dead time (ten silent seconds is an eternity of emptiness on stage), and he is a professional entertainer. Now, i don't Personally know Alan, but used him simply as the professional kj who runs the type of show that will always get the top dollar in any area he chooses to play in, as would anyone else who runs this caliber of show.
The reason for this thread is to discuss the rate of pay across the country. One kj show in Miami, Fl. may get $150 and another may get $400. at the same place. Pretty easy to see why this is so. Bottom line is, if you aren't the one getting top dollar in your area, chances are you don't have to look very far to find out the reason. No one deserves more money simply because someone else is getting more than they do.
I don't intend to step on anyone's toes and these are my opinions only.

May your show always be appauded
muzicman144