Thread: Karaoke books
View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2006, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjon
I have been fighting the book thing forever. As long as you deal with drunks and booze the books will eventually loose.

I am now getting the most miles out of my books that I ever have and here's what I do. I use a wilsonjones 1 and 1/2 inch 3 ring (flat on one side) locking binder that holds 400 sheets. I use avery clear premium heavyweight sheet protectors (3.3mils) that come in a 200 pak box from Costco... way cheaper than office supplies. I also add a little pouch for the pens and the karaoke slips. After I stuff the books I take a roll of black electrical tape and cut 3/4-1 inch strips. I then attach the tape to the metal rings where they interlock, then add a little superglue as I wrap the rest of the tape around the ring and usually add a little more glue. The trick is to keep your fingers moving constantly or the will definitely end up attached to your book. My fingers end up slick because of the drying superglue and yes it is a messy job, but when some drunk drops a heavy book on the floor, it doesn't come apart.

Oh yeah, for the final touch. I add four little clear rubber feet to each side of the binder and clear duct tape over the feet. This keeps the book up off the beer and drinks on the table and the tape keeps the drunks from peeling of the rubber feet. Finally I keep black duct with me to patch up the books, because eventually they start to fall apart.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, and it is expensive, but my books last a long time.

Oh yeah, with update songs you have to cut the tape off and redo it. To WDEWDAD7 from Great Falls, I'm from Billings. Keep on Karaokin'

I tried straws, it is very effective. Some straws size fit exactly on binder ring. I cut them enough to fit on the rounded ring and then i put tape on both ends. It's easy and not messy.

SolidSound