Thread: vogone
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Re: vogone

Quote:
Originally posted by wmccorm
i have try all of the above but it still dont work.i can still hear the vocal with the slider almost to the left.then i try the high with the slider to the right and still hear vocal. i have done this step by step and it wont work. help
thanks von
Von, when using Vogone, it is best to follow the steps in the maual.

* Open the .wav file
* Create the Output file
* Set the Loop Play points to only play on an area with vocals to remove
* Adjust the Low Frequency control
* Adjust the High Frequency control
* Click the Play Vogone button. This will play the song with the Low and High processors doing their job.
* Adjust the Low and then the High controls while the Play Vogone button is playing.
* Try adjusting the Remove Control. Sometimes it makes the music sound better, at the expense of more of the vocal being left in the song.

By this time, if your song has the vocal center-panned (equally loud in the left and right channel), and you have carefully adjusted the Low and High controls so you DO NOT hear any vocal frequencies when you are playing using the Low or the High buttons, then you have done as good as that song can be reduced.

You mentioned that one song has the vocal in the left channel. There is no way for Vogone to remove vocal that is not center-panned. Using an audio editor program, you can remove the left channel and duplicate-copy-bridge the right channel to play out the left and right channels. This is the only way to remove a vocal in one track.

Let us know what you find.

Please also click this link to the Vogone Testimonials to read what others have reported there.