View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
The Key change in Hoster and Microstudio are temporary and only for the one play time. As far as the key change in the Singers Database that is just a setting for the individual and not a permanent change. The Key Change in Keyrite is a permanent one that alters the song after you save it in Keyrite.
Even if you use Keyrite from within Microstudio, you must save the change in Keyrite and then add the changed song to Microstudio's Write list to burn it.
Ok, let me try to explain what I am trying to do. I should probably start a new thread but since this is related I'll give it a go. In Microstudion I selected a song that I have in Hoster. I needed to get this particular song down more than the 5 steps Hoster provides. What I ended up doing was using Keyrite in Microstudio and dropped the key 5 steps. I saved the result. I then recalled it again in Keyrite. The song was now 5 steps lower. I then dropped it 2 more steps to give me the 7 steps down I was looking for. I had hoped to import this final result back into Hoster. So far I have not been able to figure this out because Hoster will not import a kma file from the harddrive or at least I haven't figured out how to do it. The only other way I know that may work is if I burned the song on a disk and then try to import it into Hoster that way, which I haven't tried as of yet. My hopes were to do this in as few steps as possible which presently it appears I can't do. I realize that dropping a song that low isn't often needed and comes with some undesirable results, depending on the song, but there are times I need this. To carry this out a little further, let me explain. I have a couple of singers that request songs down 6 or 7 steps and some bring there disk with them. I can drop the song down 5 steps in Hoster then drop it 2 more with my external mixer. The problem is the result isn't always the same as the singer was expecting. Some karaoke players have the ability to drop or raise keys further than Hoster allows. The problem I have when dropping the song in Hoster then again with an external machine, it isn't always where the singer wants the key because Hoster drops the key in half step intervals I believe and some machines drop them in whole step intervals (I may have this backwards). I have two machines of different models made by the same company and when a song is dropped or raised they aren't the same key on both of the machines. They are identical in the neutral position but when changing the keys these machines differ so the 7 steps down I was seeking does not necessarily match what the singer was looking for. Hope this isn't to confusing but at this point I think I am confusing myself. Wow.

Walt