View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:28 AM

To: Marklwood 12-30-08 11:43PM

I've tried everything I know of. I switched the cables back to Master & Slave,
I uninstalled Pinnacle software and Pinnacle's "instant DVD recorder".
I placed the task manager in my lower try so that I could watch the CPU's being used as the MTU software started test writing a disk. I ranged from 24% to 100%. It went up and down between those percentages until it finished the test and went back to 3% at system idle. I said no to writing the disk an closed the screen. restarted the process and asked the MTU program to write the disk without testing. It went into the preparing files at 4% for 6 seconds and retreated to 3% system Idle until it came up with the error 'user aborted' and it never moved from the 3%. In doing it that way it did not ruin the disk. I did this three times only trying to write the disk, the burner never came on.
Too my way of thinking, If the test of the disk was fine and it used the cpu and then I start the 'write disk' comes on and never used any cpu, there has got to be something wrong with the burner.
I tried to test and burn an MP3 disk with 10 songs with micostudio. I tested the songs prepared the same as the other, from 24% to 100% CPU usage.
I stopped the program again saying 'No' to burning the disk. Then I open it again and asked to burn the disk. It went into the preparing files at 4% for 6 seconds and retreated to 3% system Idle until it came up with the error 'user aborted' and it never moved from the 3%. Again, the burner never came on or I would have seen the CPU meter go up to 100% during then burn cycle. Someone must know a way of fixing this problem. I feel that Microstudio should get involved in this!

Last edited by Vince Cravotta; December 31st, 2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Missapelled words