View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Unable to reduce vocals

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb6bna View Post
Thanks. I am using a program called Total Recorder to capture the audio only. I have been using this program for years now. My wife and I use this program to record music from many Karaoke songs and extend the music and add our own lyrics to these songs. I have never had any luck with Vogone ever since I bought vers 2.104 so I never upgraded. I have downloaded demos but still have no luck. Very dissapointing as I use many MTU programs and am very satisfied and have told mnay others about this site. Thanks Alan P.S. I am not sure ot the web address, I just know it to be Lady by Wayne Wade. ( Reggae version)
I first have to say that unless you work with a Vogone version for a bit there is no way to tell for sure just how much it can do. The last couple versions have been far superior to the previous versions. You have the capability of controling the frequency you want for bo th high and lows and how much to remove or keep. You can remove vocals that are off center panned.
With that said as MikeP said if there is a lot of reverb and echo in a song, you are not going to get rid of all the vocal with any program including Vogone. Since you are trying to work from a video on Utube then the quality of the audio is already very poor, compressed as far as you can get it and it isn't likely you will ever get all the vocal out.