Thread: USB Sound Cards
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2019, 09:50 AM
VIP

Re: USB Sound Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
Roy, This is Windows 7 on a Dell 17.3 laptop. The first time I had a problem I messed with it until it worked. The second time I had a problem I thought maybe it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s the plug and not the computer. I went and bought another cord and when I plugged it in, the same thing. I also took a meter and checked both cords for continuity. That told me they were good and the computer was the problem. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve always been able to mess with it and get it to work, but last night was an embarrassment. If these USB Sound Cards work, then that would be simple cheap and an easy fix.

Thanks for the interest,
Ernie
Ernie, I have used cheap usb sound cards for years and they work fine. Some of the small ones are susceptible to breaking if you accidently put pressure on them while plugged into the usb jacks. I usually have 3 or 4 of them in my brief case just in case I break them. I don\\\'t remember what I paid for them but they were less than $10.00. They look much like a usb flash drive. You can find them on Amazon. If you want to spend a little more and get a larger one that uses a cable to plug into the usb port it will be a little more durable. Good luck.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.