Thread: editing songs
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:29 PM

RHYTHMACE,

The HOME key will take you to the beginning of a line.

The END key will take you to the end of a line.

The UP and DOWN AROW keys will navigate correspondingly.

To move the ending of a line to a new line is done by placing the cursor at the very beginning of the set you wish to move to a new line, and depressing the ENTER KEY. It will insert a new line to do this. EXAMPLE:If you have a string of six words, and you wish to move the last three, set the cursor just before the first letter of the fourth word, and hit ENTER

As far as how long a line can be, that's a variable, depending on the style font and font size.

I like to use Arial 26 pt. for lyrics. Clean cut and easy to read. That style and size will accomodate 20 characters including spaces before it will run off the screen.

You'll want to fool around with that one to find a combination you like.

I like to set the text up in Notepad or Wordpad to help to keep from running over.In the beginning, when I first started doing these, I would open Notepad and type 20 capital M's across the page.

Then I'd reduce the width of the page until the string of M's was just all visible. Delete the M's, and as you work throught the text you'll know immediately if you're running over because you'll be working with the same proportionate width as a TV or monitor screen.

You'll develop a feeling for it after a time, and be able to eyeball it, but that might help in the beginning. I still do it occassionally, especially if there's a lot of text to contend with and I want to get it right the first shot.

Hope this helps...and have fun.

George