View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2016, 12:46 AM

Re: How Do I Get The Music To Start Within, Say, 2 Sec?

Hi Roy,

firstly, I've been wanting to acknowledge you for your videos. I've only just realized it was you.
Your videos have been a real big help. Thank you

2ndly, I looked at the "Remove Silence Feature" window and I can't see where you can adjust the time? I've written whats on that window:

PART 1.
Set Start-End Points to Remove Silence

Karaoke KMH/KMA songs in the Songs.mdb Database are processed to set points in each song where the audio starts and ends to allow playing them without silence.

Run this each time you Import or Merge new songs into your Songs.mdb Database.

Process: Karaoke Songs START Est: Time: 0:00
Karaoke Videos
Other Videos You can cancel at any time.
Running again starts at the next file ....

I never did this until the other day. When I finished, the songs still take 09 - 13 sec to start?

Karaoke KMH/KMA songs in the Songs.mdb Database are processed to set points in each song where the audio starts and ends to allow playing them without silence.

Q.1. Am I misunderstanding this process? Is this process just "Marking/Acknowledging" the "Start & End" points of the Audio?....That's it? It doesn't actually prepare the song to start as soon as I push Play?

Run this each time you Import or Merge new songs into your Songs.mdb Database.

Q.2. What happens if I don't do it?

PART 2.

Select Hoster Play Mode

NORMAL PLAY MODE
Play Karaoke KMH/KMA files from their natural start to finish, ignoring any Start-End points set above.

REMOVE SILENCE MODE
Play Karaoke KMH/KMA files from the Start point, finishing at their End point set above or in the Edit Songs to remove leading/trailing silence.

NORMAL PLAY MODE This I understand.

REMOVE SILENCE MODE Now this, I'm struggling to understand.

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
1. Set Start-End Points to Remove Silence This just sets the Start & End Points". This does NOT mean the "Audio" will start straight away when I push "Play".

2. REMOVE SILENCE MODE This is suppose to "Remove" the Silence at the "Points" made in the above process, therefore, the Audio should start at the points set.

I would really love to understand this whole process.

With my Solo gigs, I want the Audio to start around 2 sec after I push Play.

Gee, I hope you can understand all my questions Roy hehe I do thank you so much for all your help.

Ps: Have you done a video on this? Heck, I just thought of it haha

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

Last edited by kiwisinger; September 26th, 2016 at 12:52 AM.