View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:02 PM

Just an idea for those of you looking for a different style of Karaoke contest.
I had a problem with some people who owned personal karaoke machines, and could practice every day, against these poor guys who sang only out at karaoke, and had no means to "Brush up on their songs"
My solution to this problem was:
(my karaoke show is country)
I took a mess of old time country classics that most everyone should know. I place girl songs in one bag, and boy songs in another. When the singer comes up to sing, he choses a song out of the bag, if he doesn't like the first song he choses, he may put it back and chose another. But, he must sing the second song if he discards the first one. This takes care of the practicing karaoke singers, and makes the shot a bit more fair. Plus, they seem to enjoy the challange!!
Everyone in the audience gets a judging ballet, and I end up with winners. Then I make all the winners compete on a different day, for overall winner, and I have local radio station personel judge. No one seems to balk if the radio station judges!! It is raising the egos of people who otherwise didn't have one. Hope someone out there, likes the idea and gives it a whirl. It's been working great, they're having a ball!!