View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:20 AM
VIP

Filming at Karaoke show. Finalizing minidisk problem?

At the city hall here, over the weekend they had a Karaoke Championship. I hosted the tournament.

I was also filming it (the show) with a Sony digicam using 30 minute minidisks. When I got home, I reinserted all 5 disks and finalized them. A little process you have to go through to play them on a DVD player at home. However, two of the five (memorex) showed up as a disk error when trying to play after the finalizing procedure.

I can't seem to locate the files lost with the minidisks, as I tried with a couple of demo restoring programs. This ever happen to anyone? Some type of error during the finalize process I imagine, and can't refinalize as this is now greyed out on the camera options.

Can anyone help me with restoring or relocating these files on the minidisks? Anyone know what typically causes this and does it happen more thann it should?
Does anyone know what format these files are while on the minidisks? Any info will help.

Anyone totally familiar with digicams and minidisks please private msg me to discuss?