View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2016, 12:58 PM
VIP

Re: software upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpattx View Post
Roy can you direct me to the instructions for moving software from one laptop to another, I did upgrade to latest video hoster...Moving from Toshiba laptop windows 7,, 32 bit to HP windows 10, 64 bit thanks
I'll try to help you until Roy is available. First with Hoster open on your old computer, click on "Help" at the top of the page. Then scroll down to "Backup/Restore". When clicking on this you will get a popup advising that Hoster must close to perform the backup. Then you will get a window to start the backup or restore. In this case you want to select Backup and name the file of your choosing, i.e. Hoster 540.04 Backup. Save the file at the default location or save to a place of your choosing. Since you want to move this to the new computer you may want to use a flash drive or external drive to save this so it is available for the new computer. Now open Hoster on the new computer (assuming you have it installed, if not install Hoster). Once Hoster is open on the new computer, go to the Help tab again and click on Backup/Restore as you did before. After Hoster closes down you will have the window as before and this time you will select "Restore". Select where Backup file stored. Open it and let it do it's thing and you should be good to go. Remember to setup your new computer as MTU recommends. I have attached a file to give you directions. Select Windows 8 for the setup.

Hoster Computer Requirements.pdf

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.