Thread: KIAA Membership
View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
(though I don't know any KJs who would play a homemcade CDG even if you have a receipt for the download).
I know many many who do. That is the whole idea of a pay to use karaoke download site. And if the site is sat up correctly, the quality is every bit as good as a store purchased pressed CDG....every bit as good. Most of the download sites that i have read about on various karaoke forums, have a "Digital Locker" if you will. Where the CDG's that you have purchased from that site are stored for you if you need to download them again for some reason. That is your proof of purchase. Remember, if you purchase something that is sold online for a specific purpose. And that site says it paid all royalties, and rights for your use. You may under the law...{and i hate this word} assume, they are legal. You must have crimminal intent of fraud or illegal use, for you to be held liable. If you paid for instance .99 for an older DKK download of a frank sinatra "My Way" track. You are free as a bird to use it at any karaoke show you are running, providing.....that site says they are legal. How would you know any different..intent is the key word here...stop worrying about it, and enjoy singing your songs in canada...