View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Help: Songs Disappeared from playlist in Hoster 3.310 after power outage

Quote:
Originally Posted by doda View Post
Yes, it is version 3.310. When I open playlist 1.hst, all songs from "9 to 5" to "back home again" are listed in alphabetical order, but all songs after this (ba through z) are missing ..... will upgrading possibly get them back? The reason I'm concerned is that there were well over 500 sings manually input into the list ....

By the way, I am not the owner of the machine, and really don't much about the software. The laptop is in my computer repair shop .....
Check the other .hst files in the folder and see if there is one with all of them otherwise all those songs would have to be re-added to that playlist. Later versions did make it so Hoster saves the playlist after every action to prevent this from happening.
As Roy said this is not the way Hoster is designed to work especially for that many songs in one playlist. However there are some who perform one-man shows and have playlists set up like this so they can find their songs fast.
I would highly recommend the user upgrade as there is a much easier way to do this for them. MTU added a feature called a Singer's database where you can list all the songs each singer sings, search through their list and add them quickly to a playlist. No need to keep a massive playlist of your favorites. However the computer will also need to be brought up to date before upgrading.